Thursday, July 30, 2009

Departure Blues

Two years back, I had a good friend who left for a foreign country to pursue her studies. It felt sad to see someone leaving. I thought it would feel nice to be able to start anew in a foreign place with a bright future. Leaving home wouldn't be so hard, or so I thought.

A year ago, I had the chance to experience the feeling of departure. All of a sudden, seeing the worries and concern of my family members, I experienced the closeness of family bonds. Having spent 6 weeks in Singapore away from home, though in a safe and modern environment, I knew that there's no place like home.

Now, I'm faced with a similar dilemma. With every meeting with new people there has got to be a separation. But having to temporarily leave everything that's part of my 25 years of life is too much to bear. I can still recall the first few sleepless nights I had when I received my placement. Having been through shock, denial, anger, and grief, I'm reaching the stage of acceptance.

With a glimmer of hope left, depending on the result from MOH, I prayed for God to help me decide for me the path that will suit me better. Knowing that time is limited, I have to be satisfied with spending the remaining time doing vital stuff, like spending time at home, meeting close friends, and leave without any attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone who wants to contribute his/her opinion on the content of this blog, you're welcome to do so. Any feedback, whether constructive or not, is deemed helpful to further development of this blog.